Jeff has had exposure to several industries and worked in various capacities throughout many organizations. He’s proven himself with the ability to grow teams and to build business. Below is a non-traditional view of his career timeline.
Vice President of Digital Marketing & Analytics at Academic Partnerships, September 2019 – Present
- Lead Digital Analytics team; build and utilize unified customer view to understand and influence the customer journey
- Oversee Content Marketing team; focused on top-of-funnel SEO content that introduces and engages prospective students
- Responsible for Agile Marketing Operations; providing thought leadership on improving efficiencies and process for full organization.
Vice President of Ecommerce at Pier 1 Imports, October 2016 – September 2019
- Responsible for ecommerce P&L
- Build and execute strategic roadmap for ecommerce business
- Maintain cross-departmental communication efforts as it pertains to all digital efforts
- Owner of omni-channel strategy for all digital properties (both online and in-store)
Director of Ecommerce Customer Experience at Pier 1 Imports, July 2014 – September 2016
- Lead strategist for all Pier 1 related web properties
- Owner of merchandising and content strategy
- Responsible for all reporting and analysis
Adjunct Professor at the University of North Texas, January 2015 – Current
A study of key concepts, diagnostic approaches, techniques, and practices of web analytics used to create actionable insights for the digital retailing channel.
- Apply the fundamental of web analytics to digital retailing
- Apply segmentation techniques to compare metrics
- Demonstrate which metrics are truly valuable.
- Identify analytics tools
- Assess career opportunities in digital retail for web analysts
- Apply prevalent thinking about analytics in the digital retailing field
- Analyze data to formulate strategy to meet company objectives
Senior Manager Ecommerce Sales at Pier 1 Imports, February 2012 – July 2014
As the Senior Manager of Ecommerce for Pier 1 Imports, Jeff’s role is to drive sales through the direct channel. This includes having a focus on content optimization, navigation and taxonomy, merchandising strategies, site search, organic search, site analytics, multi-variant testing, and customer experience.
In his role, Jeff functions as the lead strategist for all Pier 1 related web properties and is responsible for working closely with the Marketing team to grow site traffic and optimize each medium as necessary to drive conversion rates and planned sales.
Interactive Marketing Manager at Pier 1 Imports, September 2009 – February 2012
As the Interactive Marketing Manager for Pier 1 Imports, Jeff took on the role of many elements within the digital arena.
As an email marketer, Jeff has worked to automate campaigns and streamline content creation in a effort to maximize resources. Additionally, Jeff has layered in multi-variant testing and subscriber level tracking. These enhancements have led to more productive email campaigns and have resulted in higher overall response rates.
Within the search and display categories, Jeff has worked to drive efficiencies in the media buy by leveraging click-thru rates and post impression data along with conversion rates to better determine the success of each individual placement.
As social media is ever evolving, Jeff has continued to seek new and innovative ways to leverage the tool in an effort to drive higher levels of customer engagement along with aiding SEO efforts for the firm’s primary domain.
In an effort to gain all potential web traffic, Jeff has utilized Wireless Application Protocol to reach those SmartPhone users as they browse in the mobile web space, effectively making my company prominently available to the consumer as they proceed through the purchase funnel.
Leveraging a web analytics platform, Jeff has been able to gain insight into the various segments of customers and how they interact with a website. This information has lead to the optimization of each medium driving traffic to the site.
Direct Marketing Analyst at Pier 1 Imports, December 2006 – September 2009
As the Direct Marketing Analyst, Jeff’s role was to measure the impact of the all digital mediums driving traffic to pier1.com. This focused included paid search (SEM), display advertising, email marketing, database analytics and web analytics. His role as the Direct Marketing Analyst was to ensure each medium was performing to it’s full potential, optimizing the media buy when necessary and shifting marketing funds to more efficient digital mediums.
Marketing Research Specialist at OmniAmerican Bank, February 2003 – December 2006
As the Marketing Research Specialist, Jeff was focused on growing the consumer deposits by gaining insight into how the customer was using the various deposit accounts at OmniAmerican Bank. Using the customer database, Jeff was able to analyze the customer behavior and recommend and design new deposit accounts focused on acquiring new customers.
- Direct Marketing Consultant – James Avery
- Office Manager – Twenty-First Century Products
- Research Specialist (Intern) – Christian Law Association